Cycle Open Road Endurance
- Bike Endurance
- Nutrition Practice
- Find route of similar terrain to next race or a local Criterium track
- Plan to ride race distance, but a max of 120km if Ironman or century race targeted
- Use the opportunity to practice race nutrition
- Ride majority of distance at 70-75% MHR
- Do 3x race pace intervals of:
– 20 min for 40km race
– 30 min for 90km race
– 60 min for 160-180km race
- 10 min at 70% mhr between intervals
- Do intervals in race position at race pace.
- Use race gear and nutrition.
- Analyse session, was race pace sustainable?