Nutrition for fuel and for recovery requires for focus to sustain performance and maintain health for endurance athletes. Understanding which foods are for fuel and which are for regeneration/recovery is important to ensure they are consumed at the right times for the desired effects. Natural, unprocessed foods are always recommended over packaged processed foods. Supplements should be kept to the essentials, there are no magic potions, all the essential macro and micro nutrients are in readily available in your local fresh food market. It is generally agreed that, with a good balanced diet, the only necessary supplements are a quality multivitamin and a protein / amino Acid supplement to aid recovery after 2 hour+ sessions.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)